1. Facility volunteers to help with touch up painting, indoor maintenance, gardening and landscaping projects such as clean-up or replacing annuals.
Copyright 2014. Orlando Day Nursery Association, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Click on the Volunteer Packet button for an application.
If you would like more information, please contact us at 407-422-5291.
At no time are volunteers left alone with children or made responsible for them. ODN reserves the right to deny volunteering to any applicant with any offenses under Chapter 435, Florida Statutes. Volunteer applicants will be required to fill out an application including an Affidavit of Good Moral Character affirming that they do not have a record of any offense stated in Chapter 435, Florida Statues. Volunteers wishing to give more than 10 hours per month will also be required to have a background screening completed.
4. After School tutors to assist children in prekindergarten through fifth grade with homework and to work with them on targeted skills. All tutoring materials are provided and tutors will receive a short training on the materials. Children are assessed prior to tutoring.
5. Fundraising Event volunteers to work with the events committee and in various capacities at events.
6. Advisory Committee members to help support the Program Director in raising quality, maintaining accreditation and planning parenting classes and family events.
7. Board Member volunteers to support the mission of ODN. Participate in monthly meetings every third Wednesday from 7:30 to 9 am, offer expertise in strategic planning, financial management, community relationship-building fundraising and donor development. Three-year commitment required.
2. Child Mentor volunteers to work as a shadow and friend to an assigned child (ages 1 to 6) under the supervision of an early childhood educator. Ability to establish a friendly relationship with the child that supports the child’s independence, development, growth and appropriate behavior in the classroom. Training and two hours per week in the classroom is required, additional time at volunteer’s discretion.
3. Teacher Support volunteers to assist with online research, classroom organization and creating classroom enrichment activities. One hour per week required, best if available between the hours of noon and 2 pm any weekday.
Volunteer Opportunities at ODN
Orlando Day Nursery welcomes volunteers Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Times may vary for some opportunities. Additionally, we have weekend facility maintenance and cleaning opportunities quarterly. Individuals that wish to make a difference in the lives of young children may check the list below for some of the many volunteer opportunities available at ODN.